Before diving into my weekly post, I would like to announce the winner of the “Help Yourself to Seconds” Cookbook written and sponsored by Michelle Vodrazka an inspirational author and nutrition expert. Congratulations to…
Giveaway winner: Morgan Murphy!
For those who didn’t win, I highly recommend you have a look at Michelle’s website as there you can find excellent ressources including free recipes!
If you are single, this may resonate with you. Do you feel lonely? Or perhaps feel like everything is geared towards couples? If that is the case, you are not alone. I can’t say I always love being single, in fact some days I will admit I despise it. This feeling is absolutely normal and what is important to realize however is that being single does have advantages. When you are single, let’s face it, you have lots and lots of freedom and that my friend is a gift!
On a day when you feel you miss being in a relationship, I think it’s important to do something that makes you appreciate your life exactly how it is. In other words, do whatever it is YOU want.
Week #11 challenge (May 2nd to 8th): Embrace single life by going where the wind takes you!
What is this girl talking about? I mean exactly what it says, go anywhere you want to go and don’t be afraid of going there alone. Feel like a coffee? Find a new coffee shop and bring a book! Want to take advantage of the sun? Go jogging or hiking.
I had a lot of things on my plate this week with prepping for upcoming activities but amidst everything I managed to be spontaneous and do things I wanted to do all by myself:
- When traveling to the other end of town, I took the opportunity to visit a store everyone keeps talking about: Rainbow Foods;
- Wanted to get active in the sun after work, so I walked to the canal and back (I reached over 20000 steps that day);
- Wanted a healthy and quick dinner option: I visited a new Farm Boy and grabbed a take-out meal;
- Got invited to a fun taco night party, I attended solo.
Single or not you won’t always find someone to do something with and there is nothing wrong with trying things you want to do alone!
Here are a few upcoming events I plan on attending and I highly recommend you do as well:
- Canadian Tulip Festival from May 12th to 23rd at the Landsdowne Park;
- Catalyst 2016 Conference – health expo from May 13th to 15th;
- Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend from May 28th and 29th;
- Personal training session at EPIC fitness + Lifestyle;
- Mud Hero Race in Ottawa on June 3rd and 4th.
Looks like the next few weeks will be quite busy!