Correct me if I am wrong but I do believe that the majority of us look for ways to improve our overall physical and mental health, right? Be it in the form of altering our food intake, signing up to new activities or perhaps indulging in more natural products. To keep up with these health trends, various events take place every year in Ottawa. One of the most popular being the health expo presented by Kathy Smart.
Week #9 Challenge (April 18th to 24th): Visit the Live the Smart Way Expo.
Is this exposition actually worth the visit? YES, I can assure you it is. Depending on the time you have to allocate, you can quickly swift through the few kiosks that interest you most or, if you are like me, you can take a few hours to inform yourself of all the latest health products and services available right here in Ottawa. I left with a wealth of knowledge and felt very pleased having met many inspiring business owners, authors, trainers and much more.
What to expect?
- Samples!! Lots and lots of samples…You get to try out a variety of new and popular food products and recipes. Many companies handout sealed products to take home as well.
- Walking: you will be on your feet circulating through the kiosks and although you can find seating you will be standing for the majority of the time.
- Discounts: on new health products and memberships.
- Exposure: to a variety of fitness businesses in Ottawa and the most recent health trends.
- Good time: speaking with the kiosk representatives was really fun. It’s a great way to expand your social network and to meet fantastic people.
To the ladies and gentlemen who enjoy cooking, this may be of interest to you: I had the pleasure of meeting the lovely Michelle Vodrazka (see picture to the left) a culinary nutrition expert/coach/personal trainer/yoga instructor who is the author of the Help Yourself to Seconds cookbook. I purchased her book which contains 120 recipes: free of dairy, gluten and refined sugars. Meat lovers rest assured although some recipes are vegan many contain eggs, fish and meat. I am planning on teaming up with a friend to attempt one of the book’s recipes in the next week and will share my thoughts on the book and the final product itself. Needless to say, I am excited!
While speaking with various businesses at the expo, I was offered the opportunity to try new training services which will be included in this blog in the following months. The businesses in question are:
- EPIC Fitness: Kelsey, one of their enthusiastic personal trainers, explained that this Ottawa business focuses mainly on affordable but high quality personal training services. Looking forward to my one on one.
- Functional Training Academy: Offers group training programs which incorporate exercises using the most innovative workout techniques and equipment for a full body workout. Apparently games are incorporated too for added fun. I am really curious to see what it’s all about…
- Inner Soul Yoga & Cycle: Want to attend a spin class rocking to the latest music combined with yoga (aka Spoga)?? This is the place to go..
- Fit Chicks Bootcamps: This one is for the ladies. These bootcamp programs are meant to support you with structured workouts, nutrition advice and overall wellbeing.
- Orangetheory Fitness: Offers Interval training that will keep you energized during and after your workout. The workouts are developed to ensure your heartbeat remains at a certain level, the so called: orange zone.
I don’t know about you, but I am intrigued by all of these training options and will make a point of trying them all! Never too late to start working on your beach body right?!
PS: I am working on a video which I will be adding to this blog shortly!
PPS: Don’t forget to follow my blog by selecting the “Follow” button 😉